Friday 13 January 2012

Beauty begins from the inside...

"Hold a picture of yourself long and steadily enough in your mind's eye and you will be drawn toward it. Picture yourself as defeated and that alone will make victory impossible. Picture yourself vividly as winning and that alone will contribute immeasurably to success. Great living starts with a picture, held in your imagination, of what you would like to do or be."

Dr. Harry Emerson Fosdick

The first step in creating a new look for yourself is deciding what you want to be and what you want to look like. I always encourage my clients to look through magazines and see who inspires them. I like to create mood boards for myself to remind me of the look I'm trying to achieve. It helps me to focus and creates a strong image to hold in my mind.

If you are starting the New Year with a desire to change yourself in some way. First look for inspiration and then begin to imagine yourself looking that way. Whether it is to fit in to that pair of jeans again, or wear that little black dress. How does it feel to be able to wear them again? Focus on that feeling, imagine how you look; what would friends say if they saw you looking and feeling fabulous?

Maybe take some time this weekend, perhaps five minutes in the bath to think about the ideal you and how good it feels. Try it for a week and see what happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment